Sunday, March 3, 2013

Challenge 3: March - A Musician/Band a Day #2

Yesterday I listened to the first recording listed in 1,000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die. It's alphabetical. I was stuck listening to ABBA. The album chosen by author Tom Moon was Gold.

I'll admit that after a few listens it grew on me a bit, but I still don't think I'd go out of my way to listen to most of their material. They're a bit much for me. Still, the author is right, the lesser known hits are much better. I put stars next to: "I have a Dream," "Take a Chance on Me," "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)", and "Thank You for the Music."

Today, I'm listening to the album Blu Blu Blu by The Muhal Richard Abrams Orchestra. I thought I didn't like jazz, but I'm loving this...

No comments:

Post a Comment