Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Challenge 3: March - A Musician/Band a Day #4

Yesterday, I listened to Shakin' in the Rafters by The Abyssinian Baptist Choir.  I suppose I shouldn't have listened to this while reading a strange YA fantasy novel, right? It felt like too stark a contrast. I mean, it was gospel and it was upbeat, and I starred the song "I Want to Ride that Glory Train."

Today, whenever I was writing, rendering, or reading I listened to Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker. I was cheating a bit, because I've heard Ryan Adams before. I love his sound. I decided this could count, though, because I hadn't listened to this album, or at least, not all the way through. I'll probably star the whole thing, but the standouts right now are, "To Be Young (Is to Be Sad, is to Be High)" and "Oh My Sweet Carolina."


No comments:

Post a Comment