Friday, August 14, 2015

I'm sorry, but there's an ice cream truck coming, and...



It's 3:44 p.m. on a Friday. I have exactly 16 minutes before the free Friday frozen yogurt truck arrives at the apartment. (It's a thing!) It's been a really weird week you guys, and I've been stuck trying to decide what to write about for days.

I have a longer blog idea that may find it's way out next week, and a music essay that needs to be edited very soon. Music has been really important again lately, so it seems appropriate. That essay has been hiding for way too long. But, that's not today...

Today, I have some notes on my phone about monkey bars and nets and ropes and such. The notes go something like this:

"When falling: Reach for the strongest rope, swing, cross the monkey bars, and don't look for the net. The net is there. It's always there. Don't even worry about it, though, because you know it will always catch you. Reach for the rope."

So there's that, and now there are only three minutes until ice cream, and then... hopefully a new monkey bar monkey lap record, so...

Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment