Tuesday, April 29, 2014

29/30 - National Poetry Month 2014

this is my first desk,
         my first office,
         the first space I've ever had,
     to myself

its quirks,
in order of annoyance:

the air vent,
never quite right,
        quite hot, on occasion,
        quite cold, most of the time

the whirring from fans,
used to cool, but make my head shake
                                           shake it out,
                          makeshift sound barrier,
                                                   drown out
kind of
                         
the mouse cord, too short,
with an extension that beeped
                       that blundered
     mouse, busted?
           extender busted?
who knows

hidden away, in a,
and I quote "cave,"
         away in a corner,
like a misfit,
        misdirected,
                      corner pocket,
                                        bat cave.

In other words,
      this place,
      this space
 the first place,
      first office,
      first desk
I've ever had to myself.

I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment